Books are more than a words

Jun 21, 2013

Book review: The scorch trials by James Dashner



The Scorch Trials
Series: The maze runner #2
Spanish edition
Pages: 392
Goodreads AVG Rating: 4.02
Summary:
The Scorch Trials picks up where The Maze Runner left off. The Gladers have escaped the Maze, but now they face an even more treacherous challenge on the open roads of a devastated planet.
And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.
Can Thomas survive in such a violent world?




5 Roses



You know, this is the second time that I read this book and I was horrified to realize I forgot a lot about the plot. In fact, the only thing I used to remember was that I didn’t trust Teresa anymore. But I didn’t remember why!
So, since I am about to read The death cure, I needed to know what was exactly what happened.
And once again discovered why I gave this book 5 stars. Man, The scorch trial was pure awesomeness.
I was at the edge of my seat completely in love with the plot and all the terrible things happening to these guys. I was slowly reminded of the trials, of the monsters, of how the earth was destroyed with the virus and the cranks. (I’m sorry, I’m trying not to use some terms, since I read this book in Spanish I don’t know how the translation changed.)

Anyway, I’m so glad I re-read this book! This is one of those few re-reading material to add to your list.
The plot was so incredibly awesome just like the characters and every scene created by the author and played by WICKED.
I’m not even sure if I really trust anyone in this series except Thomas, even him, sometimes I wonder if there something wrong about those missed memories. Sure thing, I can’t wait to read The death cure (right now I’m begging my dad to stop by the book store and buy it for me – wait! It is in my book store, which is almost a miracle! Means, I needed it even more).

Now, about Teresa… I liked Teresa a lot in The maze runner, I liked her here, because she was so strong and brave (just like a new character I liked a little more), but like always WICKED played nasty with my mind, and I don’t know if I prefer Teresa over this new girl… but then, I don’t know if I have to trust this new girl… WICKED, I hate you!
And about the boys, Minho and Newt are amazing! I loved these two a lot more and I despised what happened to the others, I despised all the deaths and the unfair pain.

James Dashner was an evil master. I love the writing, I plot, the characters, the twist and turns, the mystery, the terms… well, I loved everything!  
0

0 POVs:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)